Full Body Massage
What is Massage?
It is the use of hands, or mechanical means to manipulate the soft tissues of the body – particularly the muscles. It can be used for relaxation, stimulation or rehabilitation of the whole or part of the body. The word ‘Massage’ originates from many different languages – in some it means ‘to knead’ – others ‘to rub’ – others ‘to touch or feel’. All of these are fundamental to massage.
Massage is a non-threatening, non-invasive and very natural therapy. It soothes, stimulates, comforts and is instinctive. Often when we hurt ourselves – we rub or touch the the affected place – massage is an extension of this instinctive and natural method of soothing aches and pains. Most people from children to adults can benefit from massage treatments.
- Can improve blood circulation
- The nervous system can be either soothed or stimulated
- The lymphatic system is improved and the flow of lymph is stimulated to the lymph glands which aids the elimination of waste and toxins
- Can also benefit the digestive system as absorption in the abdomen is improved and may relieve constipation
- Improves the muscular system by relieving muscular tension due to the removal of waste products
- Can help prevent muscular wastage resulting from injury
- It can soften and nourish skin (depending on medium used), also helps improve skin’s texture and tone
- Can help soften fatty tissue deposits, is relaxing stress relieving and promotes a general feeling of well-being
To book just get in contact using the details below, or fill in our easy booking form on the right of this page.
Tel: 01442 832544 / 07776 213548